Aims & Scope
The Journal of Excellence in Nursing and Healthcare Practice welcomes manuscripts focusing on topics such as national and international workforce issues, quality improvement projects, evidence-based practice initiatives, nursing research studies, interprofessional practice, educational issues, telehealth, improvements in technology, and the impact of social change in society.
Examples of desirable submissions include the following:
- Original research that generates new knowledge and/or addresses significant gaps in nursing practice, administration, and education
- Quality improvement projects that focus on the measurement and improvement of patient outcomes
- Efforts that result in interprofessional/multidisciplinary collaborative practice (e.g., team-based care, nurse-led clinical practice)
- Dissemination of knowledge on cutting-edge technology for improvements in education and practice environments
- Literature, systematic, or meta-analytic reviews of the literature on workforce issues, patient outcomes, staff outcomes and any topics relevant to nursing practice, administration, or education
- Research or Capstone Projects that employ social change theory to design or redesign social-change initiatives, policies, or practices in the community
Scholars, practitioners, and graduate students are invited to submit their manuscripts for publication. Four specific types of articles will be published in the journal. They are:
- Full-length empirical articles: comprehensive reports of findings from quantitative, qualitative, or mixed-design research studies
- Brief empirical articles: succinct summaries of findings from quantitative, qualitative, or mixed-design research studies of minimal scope (e.g., pilot studies)
- Comprehensive literature reviews: articles providing summary and analysis of the body of existing research on a topic
- Book reviews: reviews of books relevant to the disciplines
- Letters to the editor: concise discussion that explains, corrects, or brings attention to an issue raised or a published paper in the journal.
A Message to New Authors: If you are planning to submit a manuscript based on your doctoral capstone research, you are encouraged to read our FAQ: Publishing Guidance for Recent Doctoral Graduates.
If you have questions about the submission process or the appropriateness of a particular manuscript, please contact the editors at [email protected].